Collection: OnStep Retrofit/Hypertuning Service
Give your existing mount a second wind by having an professionally performed OnStep retrofit. This service is a total rebuild, only the mechanical parts are re-used. These are officially sanctioned OnStep rebuilds and a portion from each sale goes towards supporting the OnStep project.
Control system upgrades
- Conversion to OnStepX open source control system, increased reliability, ease of maintenance and lots of new features
- Trinamic motor drivers, higher resolution than original motor drivers with additional features such as missed step detection (motor's own coils used as incremental encoder), silent running, lower power consumption, overload protection, overheating protection, etc.
- GPS and WiFi (option)
- BME sensors - humidity, air pressure (option)
- ASCOM/INDI/Mobile app (Android & iOs)/Handpad available
- Motor drivers on headers so that they can be easily replaced in the future
- Commercial grade control panel that is a direct swap for the mount's original, powder coated or anodised as needed, either UV printed or laser marked.
- Lapping of gears
- Conversion to belt drive
- Brand new JTW spec motors installed (proven quality and more powerful than the stock mount motors)
- Bearings replaced with C2 class precision bearings ( brand name (SKF/FAG/etc) sealed for life 2RS (dual rubber seal)
- Conical bearings replaced with sealed type. Conical bearings are not needed for small telescope mounts and they are a common failure point due to being totally open to the elements
- 24 month warranty
- Email/Video conferencing
- No cure - no pay
- Mount can be refinished if needed - powder coated, painted, anodised, etc to give a factory new finish
- Absolute encoders or homing might be possible to fit.
Contact us for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org